It's so easy to become a member of the Omaha District Dental Society.
1) Visit the ADA website to download an application form
2) Contact the Nebraska Dental Association by visiting their website or call (888) 789-2641 or (402) 476-1704.
3) E-mail the Omaha District Dental Society or call (402) 551-6503
Benefits of Membership
Low Cost, High Quality Continuing Education
- 7 to 8 hours of Continuing Education provided at no additional cost if you attend the regularly scheduled ODDS General Membership meetings each year.
- Wide variety of short 1-hour CE courses presented by both local lecturers and national speakers.
- 7 to 8 hours free CE included in District dues ($160/ annually), a bargain when you compare with any other 8-hour course.
- ODDS also offers additional opportunities for practice management and risk management courses.
- Easy way to earn necessary CE hours to maintain licensure in Nebraska.
Professional Networking and Camaraderie
- Build and strengthen relationships with your peers in the dental profession - stay in touch with dental school classmates and other professional friends - through ODDS General Membership Meetings and Social Events.
- Fun social events
- Holiday Party is a rare treat - fantastic band, great food, a classic tradition
- Basketball game or other sporting events
- Golf Tournament
- Free steak dinner with monthly meeting at Anthony's Steakhouse. Your dinner, which is free with your membership, is top-of-the-line sirloin steak with potato, salad and all the trimmings... An Omaha Steakhouse classic.
Develop your leadership potential
- Serve on a standing or Special Committee of the ODDS Board of Directors such as Special Events, Bylaws, Scholarship, Nominating, Program, Community Service, etc.
- Serve on the ODDS Board of Directors
- Serve as a representative from ODDS in the Nebraska Dental Association House of Delegates, helping make decisions that impact professional dentistry throughout the state and the nation
- Work on behalf of dentists representing issues and rights of dentists and patients
- Agree to provide testimony and other information to encourage awareness and beneficial representation of oral health professions.
ODDS provides an array of opportunities to give back to the community, the hallmark of every profession.
- Participate at one of several community events to promote oral health care. Events include KidzExplore, Omaha Children's Museum World's Biggest Baby Shower or Trick-or-Treat nights; many more.
Access to information
Access to information about dentistry in Omaha, throughout Nebraska and across the United States
- ODDS Chronicle newsletter published within the bi-monthly Nebraska Dental Association newsletter
- NDA website offers updated information, membership directory, links
- ADA website offers national-level dental profession information