The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the delivery of health care. This seminar will discuss the impact on dentistry by presenting the most recent infection control recommendations and regulations as they relate to dental settings. Discussion will include hand hygiene, SARS-CoV-2 vaccine updates, PPE, environmental surface disinfection, and dental water asepsis.
- Discuss current status of COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Describe application of standard precautions as the foundation of infection prevention.
- Comprehend recommended transmission-based precautions associated with controlling aerosols and airborne pathogens.
- Understand the most recent updates for CDC and OSHA infection control recommendations and regulations.
- Understand the rationale for effective, hand hygiene procedures.
- Comprehend the most current COVID-19 vaccination recommendations.
- Describe the use of disinfectants used in environmental surface asepsis.
- Describe factors which can lead to dental unit waterline (DUWL) contamination.
- Comprehend practical strategies which can minimize DUWL contamination
ODDS Members and Staff
ODDS members and their staff are encouraged to attend this seminar. To register, send names to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Members and Staff
The registration fee to attend this seminar is $50 for dentists and $25 for staff. To register, send names and mail check payable to Omaha District Dental Society to PO Box 45281, Omaha, NE 68145.
Registration Deadline is Wednesday, May 4.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Continuing Education Information
3 CE Credits available.
All dental professionals are required to complete 2 CE’s in Infection Control for every 2 year license renewal cycle. Licenses must be renewed every 2 years.
Contact Diane Frost via email at email@example.com or call 402-677-4451.